The head office of JD Kirsten (Pty) Ltd is located at Keurfontein Estate, Northern Paarl in the Western Cape’s Berg River Valley. The production units are based in a 10km radius from the head office in the Paarl region. The farms are called St Elmo, Keurfontein, Uitkyk, Alphen, Irene, Laborans, Malanot, Klein Malanot and Eden adds up to a total of 205 hectares of table grapes. The farms are consolidated to form four production units of around 50hectares each. This geographic location of the production units enables JDK to produce table grapes for four months of the year from December to April.
Our product range is mainly focused on seedless varieties, which is currently 70% of our total production volume. The remaining 30% of our volumes is seeded varieties which will be reduced to an estimate of 10% within the next few years, which means that JDK’s production volumes will consist of 90% seedless and 10% seeded varieties in the near future.
Seedless supply calender:
Seeded supply calender: